President Trump signs proclamation in honor of National Nurses Day
“So the valiant sacrifices of America’s nurses will stand for all time as testament to American strength and grace and courage. And in demonstrating and in demonstration of our everlasting appreciation, I’m pleased to sign this proclamation commemorating May 6th as National Nurses Day. May 6th. National Nurses Day. “
Happy Nurses Week! – Enjoy the Perks!
It’s Nurses Week! As a thank you for your service, companies have announced exclusive freebies and discounts as COVID-19 began ramping up throughout the country. Now, even more retailers are stepping up to the plate with sizable discounts for healthcare workers during National Nurses Week, May 6 through May 12. Most discounts extend to everyone who works in the hospital — nurses or otherwise — and some even apply to military members, teachers, police officers, and firemen.
We’ve gathered a list of retailers, specializing in everything from shoes to coffee, currently offering deals and discounts for healthcare workers during National Nurses Week. It’s the least we can do, especially after everything you’ve done for us.
To ensure that the deals are going into the right hands, all online orders require verification through a service like ID.me or SheerID. Simply, use your professional email or a photo of your badge to verify. If you’re swinging through the drive-thru for free donuts or coffee, just show your badge at the window to score a sweet deal.
All of the Healthcare Worker Discounts Available Now
- Adidas: Verified medical professionals, first responders, nurses, and military members get 40% off. First, verify your employment through ID.me.
- Allbirds: Shop up to five pairs from the Healthcare Worker collection, and use code “healthcarehero” to save $35 on each pair.
- ASICS: Medical professionals and first responders can register your professional email with ASICS to qualify for 60% off all full-priced items.
- AT&T: First responders get 50% off service for 6 months through FirstNet Mobile.
- BlanQuil: Healthcare workers, military members, and first responders can take 50% off any BlanQuil products once verified through VerifyPass.
- BP: First responders, nurses, and hospital workers get 50¢ off per gallon of gas on one transaction. To redeem your discount, verify your employment through ID.me.
- Chipotle: Starting May 6, health professionals will be eligible for a Buy One, Get One burrito through the 4Heroes Program.
- Crocs: Crocs is giving away 10,000 free pairs to healthcare workers. To get yours, join their virtual waiting room at 12 p.m. ET each day to earn your spot in line.
- Dagne Dover: Teachers, healthcare workers, and military members can get 20% off their purchase once verified.
- Dunkin’: All healthcare workers get a free medium hot or iced coffee and a free donut when they visit their local Dunkin’ location on May 6. During the entire month of may, get a medium iced coffee for $2 on Mondays ($2 Iced Mondays) and a free donut on Fridays (Free Donut Friday), if you’re a DD Perks member.
- Home Chef: Medical professionals, first responders, military, and teachers verified through ID.me get 50% off their first box. The maximum discount is $60 per sale, and subsequent orders will be discounted by 10%.
- Keds: Students, teachers, nurses, and first responders get 20% once verified through ID.me.
- Krispy Kreme: From now through May 12, healthcare workers get a free dozen glazed donuts. Just show your employer badge at the drive-thru window.
- Nike: If you didn’t score one of the 32,000 sneakers that Nike donated to healthcare workers, save 20% on any purchase after verifying your employment through SheerID.
- The North Face: For the rest of 2020, get 50% off non-sale items online or in-store. You can also get 10% off non-sale items at The North Face outlet stores.
- Outdoor Voices: All healthcare workers get 30% off any purchase.
- PUMA: Doctors, nurses, and first responders get 20% off once verified through ID.me.
- Reebok: Teachers, military members, and healthcare professionals get 50% off. First, verify your employment through ID.me.
- Rothy’s: From now through May 31, redeem a one-time 50% off code on one item. And if you want to treat yourself to even more shoes, healthcare workers and teachers can also get four 20% off codes to redeem anytime.
- Starbucks: From now through May 31, first responders and healthcare workers get a free tall brewed (hot or iced) coffee.
- Under Armour: Healthcare workers, first responders, teachers, and military members get 40% off any full-priced items. First, verify your employment through ID.me.
- Verizon: For a limited time only, teachers, first responders, nurses, and military members can go Unlimited from $30/line per month with 4 lines.
- Vineyard Vines: From now through May 12, nurses, doctors, and healthcare professionals get 50% off everything.
- YETI: Get 30% off any YETI products once verifying employment through ID.me.